As an MOA member, we hope you take advantage of the many services we offer. Our Membership Information brochure
details all the ways we help you — and thousands of other D.O.s and osteopathic medical students. Because when you’re part of the MOA, you’re more than a member. You’re family.
Top 10 Benefits for MOA Members
- Serves as the professional family for D.O.s in Michigan.
- Leadership Development: By becoming an MOA member you become directly involved your profession and shape the future of health care by serving on one of the MOA’s many committees.
- Public Relations: MOA educates the public, other health care colleagues, business and legislators of the importance of osteopathic medicine.
- Staff Assistance: Competent and helpful MOA staff are available to answer your questions as well as assist in issues affecting your medical practice and profession, contact them via email or by phone at (800) 657-1556.
- Referral Service: By helping the public find D.O.s in their area, MOA can help you build your practice. Patients call for referrals to MOA member physician because they know they will receive exceptional care.
- Member Benefits & Resources: Office and financial services, car rentals, subscriptions, cellular phone services and other great services are all available at rates discounted for members. Resources also include an OMT coding & billing guide, It's what we D.O. and Emergency Medical Record cards --- all at little or no charge to members.
- Insurance: Flexible programs that offer quality products at competitive rates. MOA members and their staff can participate in major medical, dental and long term care policies. You and your staff can select them to suit your individual needs.
- Information: The MOA weekly e-newsletter, Weekly Blast, the quarterly journal TRIAD, the online Membership Directory as well as the MOA website keep you current on what’s happing in the medical profession in Michigan.
- Continuing Medical Education: Receive high quality CME at the MOA Annual Spring Scientific Convention, which offers more than 30 Category 1-A CME credits. Other CME opportunities are available throughout the year in various locations.
- Advocacy: The Michigan Osteopathic Association serves as your voice before the state legislature, when communicating with the Department of Community Health and insurance carriers such as Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan. Ask yourself, “Who is representing the osteopathic profession in Michigan?” The answer is simple MOA!
Download the Membership Application
Download the Educational Membership Application
More Member Benefits
Share Your Experiences
While the MOA prides itself on offering great benefits to members like you, we also take pride in serving as a resource when you face a dilemma during your career.
If you have sought assistance from the MOA to rectify discrimination from a potential employer because of your D.O. credentials; to address inaccurate portrayals of D.O.s and osteopathic medicine in the media; or for any other career challenge, we want to hear from you. You can share your story by completing the MOA Member Testimonial Form and giving the MOA permission to use your name and testimonial in our membership outreach efforts.